Friday, March 13, 2009

More OCS challenges

Ok, So I have the basics up and running, but is it working? Aperantly, yes.
Front end and backend now run without errormessages, and I can chat, call and use livemeeting on all the clients.

I decided not spend to much time on running around, installing applications, so I am using AD Group policies to deploy the applications. Here is a quick rundown of what I did:

Livemeeting:
  • Download software from www.livemeeting.com (Remember to download both client and outlook plugin)
  • Convert exe files to .msi files by running "LMsetup.exe -out c:\temp" (presuming c:\temp exists)
  • Create a GPO for distribution (Assign or publish, Computer or User - It depends on your preference)
  • Create Groups for filtering of the GPO
  • Add objects to the groups
  • Remove "authenticated users" from the filtering, add the desired group.
Attendant:
The attendant setup file I downloaded was already a .msi file, so no conversion was needed. Other than that, just repeat the steps from above.

Office Communicator:
The attendant setup file I downloaded was already a .msi file, so no conversion was needed. Other than that, just repeat the steps from above.