Microsoft Copilot is all around...

  As the debut of Microsoft 365 Copilot approaches, there are a lot of Copilot features set to be introduced across the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Here are a few noteworthy additions: Microsoft has unveiled a series of innovative features in the upcoming releases of Windows 11, some of them are already released, and some are currently available in preview builds. The Windows 11 Copilot, conveniently located in the taskbar, eliminates the need to open your Edge browser. It is seamlessly integrated with Bing Enterprise Chat (BEC) and ChatGPT, making it really easy to get started on your creative journey. Included in Windows 11 is the new co-creator feature in Paint. This feature, also in preview, is integrated with DALL-E and provides a swift and straightforward method for creating illustrations and images. If you possess a knack for crafting descriptions, you can generate quite impressive imagery. Another AI-powered feature is image creation directly from BEC. This feature, also integrate

Call Manager 4.2 database issue after a publisher failure

This is a post for future reference. A customer of mine experienced some strange symptoms on their CUCM’s this week. And it took me some time to figure out what and why.
Issue at hand: When logging on to ccmadmin on the publisher, several ip-phones where not registered. But the phones were operational, and showed no sign of error. When logging on to the subscriber, I found all of the “not registered” phones registered. But all phones registered on the publisher was here “not registered”.
Troubleshooting: I tried booting the CUCMs but it did not help. I tried to restart services and manually fail over phones to one of the CUCMs. But the result was always the same. Whichever CUCM which did not have the phones registered, listed the phones as "not registered”.
Resolution: I’ve seen this before, and suspected a broken SQL link. Running DBHelper confirmed my suspicions, and fixed part of my problems. After recreating the publish/subscribe link in SQL, I expected the call managers to perform normally. But not so. I then booted the subscriber, but nothing changed. Only after booting the publisher first, then followed by the subscriber fixed the problem entirely.