As I am writing this post, we are less than one week away from the first Norwegian Lync Day, where I will hold a presentation on Lync backup and restore. Ståle Hansen and Knowledge Factory has done a great job to gather highly qualified MVP's and speakers for a day packed with great sessions around our favorite topic: Lync! For more information and/or signup, go to: http://lyncday.no/
Backup and restore / http://teeu2014.eventpoint.com/speaker/details/c27e77c2-7d22-e411-9bad-00155d5066d7).
As a preparation for these to presentations I have gone over my backup script for Lync 2013, and I am planning a major release change with a few new options and a couple of bugfixes. If you do have a bug you want to report in the existing version or have a suggestion for a new feature. Please drop me a line. It's not to late to get your request included.
Here's a sneak peak on some upcoming changes:
- FEATURE REQUEST: Remove "temp" files after zip creation, to save space (note: Script will still clean files in target directory, older than 5 years)
- FEATURE REQUEST: Identify RGS servers on 2010 pools, and remove error messages related
- FEATURE REQUEST: Identify User servers on 2010 pools, and remove error messages related
- New feature: Added progress bar, to indicate progress within the script
- Bugfix/New feature: Multiple pools could lead to "file already exist", Script should store pool files in designated pool folders
- Bugfix: If SQL backupshare already exists, it is now detected and should no longer be causing errors
I won't be able to publish for Lyncday, but it will be out in time for TechedEU